Monday, August 24, 2009

Student boarder



Sandy and Kevin her son who has come to stay with us while he gets his Master's in Enginering at University of Idaho. He is a great guy and I'm happy to have him here at the house.
Mentioned to Kevin that I would be trying my Julia's cooking out on him. There came this alarming smile on his face which in turn I smiled fittingly.
August 24 Kevin gets Chicken Pot pie for supper with fresh corn on the cob. Aug 25th Kevin gets his lesson for making Arvid Ellson's pancakes, a recipe which Arvid got in 1948. Kevin tells me they taste like his grandmothers, so he and I put a batch together so we can have them in the morning. Kevin also got his lesson on making his bed. Briefly I communicate that if a job is worth doing, it is worth doing right and he'll make a wife happy knowing he has done it right. Kevin and I moved a desk from the sewing room to the living area for him to use for studying.
Kevin and his brother Cody grew their own watermelons this year and we were fortunate enough to get this beauty 33.3 lbs. Thanks Kevin

No comments:

Post a Comment